Sunday, August 17, 2014

I needed a bit of a gardening 'time out'. Cough, cough.

As you know, I developed a cough while moving 25 or so yards of wood chips. I still have it. I've been to the doctor who thought it was an asthmatic reaction to something in the wood chips. The dust coming out of the chips ranged from white, to grey to black. I've had an X-ray and will see my doctor again on Tuesday. I don't think the inhaler is working and I've coughed stuff up, so I think it might be an infection or something? Anyway, my point in sharing this...is, if you have a lot of wood chips to move, I highly recommend a mask.



This is an N95. Very heavy duty and probably overkill. A very good choice for me at this time. It excludes everything!! 

Update: my doctor now thinks I have a lung infection. I agree, it feels very much like my childhood lung infections and pneumonia that I had one after the other. I did not know at the time that I have an allergy to something in cigarettes and back then people smoked in supermarkets, airplanes, restaurants....actually I don't think there was anyplace you couldn't smoke. Anyhoooo, I think I should be on the mend soon!!

3 comments:

Pam's English Garden said...

Great advice, Erin. I hope you feel better soon! P. x

Gardeningbren said...

Oh Erin, you are still coughing? Not good. Sounds like you are getting good care though. Hope you feel better soon xo

Erin said...

Hopefully on the mend soon. We think it's a lung infection and I'm on antibiotics. I think that is probably what this is.